Roles & Responsibilities
- You will develop and build a multi-tenant Data warehouse/Lakehouse and also a Computation engine on top of it.
- You will review the code of your peers and they’ll review yours. We are going to get high code quality standards and the four-eyes principle is a must!
- You will start on easier, self-contained projects and once you feel at home, you can move to real beasts. Challenging, complex projects that will leave a mark – we have plenty of those.
- Last but not least, we have some kind of legacy code that is replaced by better things, but somehow we still have to maintain it in the dark.
- You have experience with Python or Scala or Java and a solid grasp of engineering practices.
- We use FastAPI, Faust, Dask, Numpy, and Pandas for Python. You don’t need to know all of these tools but you should be a fast-picking up person to learn.
- For computation workload, we use Spark along with Delta lake and Trino.
- If you have an experience with Go or C++, that’s a big advantage.
- You are able to learn and adapt. It’ll be handy while exploring new tech, navigating our not-so-small code base, or when iterating on our team processes.
- You are willing to learn about the monitoring of the production systems, database internals, and the development of distributed systems.
- Experienced in MPP or Big Data Platform tools (Hadoop/Spark/Flink/Presto) is a big plus.
- Deep knowledge of databases internal is preferred.
An optional but good plus if candidates own below experience:
- Martech experience (DMPs, DSP, Emails, CDP, CDXP …).
- Work experience in B2B SaaS in online retail/e-commerce analytics, and marketing.
- Work experience in engineering team in retail/commerce companies.
- Work directly with industry experts and market leaders in DX, CX, digital-data-tech as well as named customers.
- Being a part of the awesome team building PrimeData CDP – the pioneering science-first customer data & experience platform.
- Flexible, open, and innovative environment.